Wednesday, February 17, 2010

February 12th, 2010

How does one SHOULD feel when turning 32?

Were you supposed to feel a tingling sensation? A sense of pride? Excessive happiness?
I was waiting to experience something awesome, and sadly, aside from the disappointment for a somewhat different reason, I feel nothing.

So I was in bed at 6.30pm because of the splitting headache and my son woke me up around 11pm to help him with his homework (it’s a long story people) but as the clock strike midnight, I held my breath to embrace whatever it is I am supposed to feel, but zilch. I still feel like my old self, the perfectly imperfect me.

I made my son sang me an out of tune Happy Birthday and I was, happy.

The next morning, when I looked into the mirror, I still see the same face. The dark circles under my eyes are still embarrassing and I need to do something about my skin. I stared at myself wondering if this is it because if it is, it would be a sad thing.

People at work threw me a nice surprise do in the office. I even had a cake and someone bought KFC. Knowing the people in the office, that’s a big deal and I am deeply grateful.

I told my mom to do her compulsory dinner next Sunday during the gathering because it would be fun to blow the candles with the kids around. I hope it will.

So Friday night, I was at home, with everyone out of the house. I had the remote control all to myself and a half bottle of red wine which I finished. Sad as it sounds, I was content.

I went to the island with my bestbiens the next day for a small celebration. We ate. We drank. We talked. We laughed. We swam, well I soaked. We dozed off under the sun. Despite this pain from my badly burnt back, it was great. I am already looking forward for the next trip minus the Vodka of course.

I am still waiting for that greatness. I don’t know what the year has in store for me, but I can feel it in my bones, something excellent will happen. Until then, I am just going to sit back and enjoy the ride, like I always do.

To everyone, thank you for the wishes. I feel so loved and blessed.

No comments: