Friday, April 07, 2006

job hunting

I am not gonna pretend I am not annoyed because I AM SO PISSED OFF. *sigh*

One terrible interview after another is just too much. There’s a reason why we make appointments. There’s another reason why secretaries are hired. TO MAKE THOSE DAMN APPOINTMENTS! I’ve wasted a lot of time WAITING and to be sent home because the manager “suddenly” had an urgent meeting she/he needed to attend. I am not deaf you know. I could hear you panicking when you realized you screw up.

Maybe it’s just me. Maybe it’s bad luck. Maybe I am cursed forever by some idiot for whatever reason. Ha.

It’s ridiculous how some of these people/organizations work. Here’s a story. A well known developer in town called me for an interview for an Admin Officer. I went and met the HR Manager. She thought I’d be more useful in a different position (Secretary) after she read my resume because of my advertising background. According to her, the secretary deals a lot with proof reading, advertisements, making contacts with the government agencies. I thought, yeah I could do all that. She told me to go home and wait for her call for the next interview appointment with her boss.

She called me up the next day and told me to come and see her boss. So I went. Waited for one hour before she told me to go home and wait for her call again because the boss had a “sudden” meeting. Then she called and set another appointment. I again drag myself. Met the Executive Director and she was talking about a totally different job scope for the Secretary position. She then told me I got the job and I was supposed to see the GM. So I did. That is when I wanted to strangle someone.

The GM told me he needed a Secretary who could take minutes and I don’t have that experience. He also said he needed someone who’s tough and willing to work hard. He said I am more suitable in the Multimedia Department because of my writing experience. He then said but he doesn’t know if I could write. I may not be able to. He then told me to do a sample of their company profile (five pages) and also a sample of minute writing and to come back in two days. He was rude and obnoxious. Before I could explain myself, he already made assumptions. I hate that. Really hate that. I didn’t apply for the Secretary post. Your HR manager gave me that position you idiot. Manager or no manager, you have to learn how to communicate effectively!!!

I don’t know about other people, but to me it’s just plain unreasonable. If the managerial people could communicate properly and understand the work scope of their employees, then maybe their employees would be more committed and loyal to the company. Isn’t it a bad sign when the staffs were bitching about the bosses even with me in the room? Hee.

I decided to forget about this job. I’m sure there’ll be other opportunities.

No comments: