Thursday, July 19, 2007

Long Overdue pt 1

The island trip.
Great!

I was worried over a lot of things. Related and not related. I know I have no control over the weather and everyone else’s mood. Still I worry one of those thing will spoil the whole trip. Fortunately the weather was good but I can’t say the same about the mood though. Oh well, you can’t have everything can you?

I’ve realized long time ago that whenever I am on a trip with friends I will have the most/biggest luggage among all. People used to tease me about it. They think because of my size, I have lesser space in my luggage. You know big size, bigger clothes. I know it makes sense so I’ll just agree with them so they would just shut up. What they don’t know is when I travel, I need to have a spare (or two) of everything that I will need for the trip. I don’t think I need to explain myself. Apparently this obsession is hereditary. That is why when my family and I travel anywhere, we look as if we are moving to a different country.

I have learned not to over do it after the crazy charges I had to pay the last time I flew with some airlines.

Before we left, I’ve warned everyone not to do anything crazy because I basically go to the island once a month for inspection. Did they listen? You think? But everything was done in the name of fun so I didn’t have to resign and move to the moon. I admit I was a LITTLE embarrassed but I am sure/hope those people won’t think I am crazy just because my family is. Ha.

Like I said the weather was good but it was a little windy so the water was really choppy(?). None of my family members could swim so we opt to sit/stand on the sand and TRIED to build sandcastles. Tried because the sand wasn’t really sandcastle-building-friendly. So my siblings buried my son instead because when you’re on the beach you need to build/bury something. Or so they said.

The BBQ buffet lunch was OK. *whistles* It wasn’t as great as I remembered it but that doesn’t stop us from stuffing our face. Not only we ate for twenty instead of eight people, we were also the loudest among all the tourists. Yes we were happening like that.

We all went back happy and toasted.

No comments: