Saturday, October 16, 2010

The great conversation

I reluctantly woke up this morning for work.

Dragged my sorry arse around the house when I bumped into Ekiel who was waiting for me outside the bathroom door.

Ekiel: You got work today?
Me: Yes. You want breakfast?
EKiel: I have school today?
Me: No. you want milo?
Ekiel: How many days I cuti?
Me: Two days
Ekiel: Then I go to school one day and cuti again?
Me: You wish larr. Then you school five days and cuti two days again.
Ekiel: It’s not going to get more easy?
Me: Sorry kid. Welcome to my world.
---

He has problem waking up early in the morning for school.

Ekiel: I have school tomorrow?
Me: Yes, sleep now. Tomorrow you cranky again, don’t want to go to school
Ekiel: Because I cannot wake up
Me: That’s why you must sleep now
Ekiel: But I cannot sleep
Me: So how?
Ekiel: Mommy, why can’t we go to school at night? Then in the morning we sleep
Me: Eee.. go to sleep larr you

Mommy and son sure think alike.
---

My mom, dad and brother 2 went to KL for brother 2’s convocation.

Ekiel: I miss mama, papa & Boyo.
Me: Why?
Ekiel: Because they go KL. I don’t want them go KL
Me: Why?
Ekiel: Because I want them here
Me: Why?
Ekiel: Because we are family
---

While holding his English workbook in front of sister 2

Ekiel: X is for… (whisper) Mommy, X is for what?
Me: [peep over the book] That is so wrong. It’s not Xmas, it’s Christmas.
Ekiel: Mommy!
Me: Xmas Card
Ekiel: X is for Xmas Card [flipped next page] Y. Y is for…
Me: [peep over the book]
Ekiel: Y is for TULUR

Y is for YOLK
---

He used to tag along whenever I am sent to work but today…

Me: You want to follow send me to work?
Ekiel: No thank you. I rather watch cartoon.

*sighs* The only man in my life pun rather watch cartoon than to hang out with me.

2 comments:

vsk said...

hihihi aduii.. ekiel dis...

carolchs said...

he's getting smarter everyday oh lala...cute you guys punya conversation.