Tuesday, September 29, 2009

the best fried noodles

I feel like throwing up.

No, I am not sick. Not physically. I don’t think so.

I am just tired with these circumstances and before I could resolve one matter, another one hit me between the eyes.

Not. Funny. At. All.


I’ve complained to Cherry Third Quarter Kinky Queen about my misadventures this year and she was sympathetic by telling me, I am not alone. It has been a pretty bad year for a lot of people. When I think about it, she is right.


So I counted my blessings and realized I had a pretty good year, so far. It’s just that the headache/heartache that comes consistently kills the excitement of the not often happened happiness.


The good things are like fireworks. It is beautiful and exciting but only lasts then and there. You can always reminisce about it but if you’re with overloaded memory storage like me, you will only remember the sparks and not the other details.


I was so happy about something the other day, I was grinning from one ear to another for three days! Now, when I want to recreate that joy, I can only manage a smile. It is frustrating.


So how would I describe the strings of problems I need to untangle myself from? Like never ending ant bites. Or mosquitoes. Take your pick.


I have always appreciated the little things in life and at times like this I am always grateful for them. This morning I came to work hungry and the mail I read made me want to crawl back to bed and hide from the rest of the world.

Just when I thought the day will go downhill, a colleague came in to the office and offered me a packet of fried noodle and it was delicious! Happiness.


Never thought a packet of fried noodle could brighten up my day.


Those who are having a bad day, cheer up. Something good will definitely come your way. To those who are having a fantastic day, share some love with those who need it ya.


Cheers.

No comments: