Sunday, September 20, 2009

trying too hard

WTH happened to Shakira?
“She Wolf” music video is crazy and I didn’t mean that in a good way. Maybe it’s just me but I really thought it was just another upcoming wacky singer when I realized it was indeed the “Hips Don’t Lie” diva. *shakes head in disbelief*

It’s like she couldn’t decide if she was Madonna, Beyonce or Lady Gaga so she or someone else decides she should be all of them combined. Throw in Amy Winehouse, she would be the perfect. Again, not in a good way.

Why is she and everyone else wearing nothing but lycra these days? And why is everyone in their, quoting my mom here, “bathing suits’ or something like that? Why why why?

She said she’s a She Wolf, craving for a lover, so seriously, what’s with the tutu and that hairstyle? Maybe no one but Shakira would be able to seduce a lover looking like a mental ballerina.

Why is the music video so very the 1980s?

Do you call that dancing? I miss her kick-arse booty shaking.

I do however applaud her acrobatic stunts in that cage thingy. *claps hand* Scary but so very the flexible one.

So maybe I am too critical but I think Shakira is one hot woman who didn’t have to try so hard to be sexy. She wore T-shirt and that long skirt thingy (I’m sure there is a name for it) in her “Hips Don’t Lie” video and she is super super hot.

The new video only reminded me of someone who is desperate to sell her album.

Is that how you sell you album these days? By showing more skin? Even the male singers are singing with their tops off too, flexing that very yummy body. I am not complaining but most time I don’t even remember what they were singing. *LOL*.

Watching Madonna’s music video “Celebration”, I told myself when I am at that age, I’ll age gracefully and with that I mean I do not have the need to show that much of skin to the public.

I agree she still is hot for someone her age but shouldn’t she move on to the next level? I understand her new music is for the new generation but how long more do we want to see a 50+ year old woman dancing and showing her *ahem* undies?

Don’t get me wrong. I love Madonna and Shakira but I really don’t think it was necessary for them to be so tacky. Leave the madness to Lady Gaga or Katy Perry. It suits them better.

No comments: