Friday, September 25, 2009

intellects and desires

I wish September would end already.
I haven’t had migraine like this for the longest time.
*bangs head on wall*

I know I always whine and complained about life and may sometimes appear insensitive to other people’s misery. I am sorry about your headache but before I could try to save the world, I have to fix myself first.

Some of you may want to try that too.
Kan?

Anyway, there was an article in the national newspaper last week about polygamy.
I am not going to comment on that but I did find bits and pieces of the article, interesting.

It was written that a man has 9 intellects and 1 “internal” desire while a woman has 1 intellect and 9 “internal” desires.

"A woman when left to her desires becomes very dangerous like a tiger. In fact, even fiercer than that. If the world is left to women, we will be open to continuous war."

Well, the men aren’t exactly doing a great job either. *rolls eyes*

9 “internal” desires eh?
I was curious.
Is it really about what I think it is because everyone else seems to think so too.

Where do I go for information? The Internet of course!
I tried to find the English version of it but that didn’t happened.
I did however found a few sites in the Malay language about the phrase.

There were, of course, many versions to it.
Someone said that phrase is originally from a conversation of two religious and wise people, Rabiah Al Adawiyah and Imam Hasan Al Basri.

In one blog I read, Uztaz Hasrizal Mohd Jamil who wrote the book “Aku terima nikahnya...” reviewed this phrase in a more positive manner.

(Translated from my own understanding)
Men are blessed with 9 logics and 1 emotion while women are blessed with 1 logic and 9 emotions. This is why men are given the responsibility to deal situations using their logic while women are responsible with emotional situations.

This only reaffirms what I blogged about earlier, men and women are created to complement each other.

My point is, everyone has the right to believe and choose what they think is right and how to live their life. I respect that. Unfortunately, there are many circumstances when most of us do not really understand the real story when forming our opinions.

I think this is one of the reasons why some people just can never get along.
When we learn to be more open and genuinely interested with things that are outside our bubbles, we’ll be surprised to learn that, everyone, yes, you and me, are not that different after all.

No comments: