Thursday, June 21, 2007

what a week

I finally did Ekiel’s birthday celebration. My grandparents were in town last weekend and we organized a pre Father’s Day dinner for all the dads. With all my little cousins it was pretty much like a children’s party anyway so I bought a cake and party packs for all the kids.

I think someone must have been secretly feeding Ekiel with sugar. That night he was Super Ekiel; unstoppable, unbeatable and loud. Nothing can make him sit/stand still for a whole minute! I didn’t want Ekiel to suffer major injuries while he go terrorize the whole house so I tried to run after him while I sniff, sneeze and scratch the whole night. After a while I stopped trying. Thank goodness my other family members were trained to keep an eye on the children as they go in and out of our view. It’s a family thing. I know Ekiel was excited to see everyone but with my allergy acting up from the cleanup that afternoon, I wish he would just listen and do as he is told. *rolls eyes*

When he saw me brought the cake out, he quickly took his place in front of the cake and started singing to himself. Hee. My brother made everyone sing the birthday song five times before I put a stop to it. Every time Ekiel knew the song was ending, he would take one deep breath but when he realized everyone was singing the birthday song again, he joined in singing but you could see the confusion on his face. My poor boy. When he finally got to blow the candles out, he took the plastic knife, cut the cake and clapped his hands. I cannot believe how much he has grown since his last birthday.

My friends are right. I need to value the time I have with him now before he becomes embarrassed to be seen with me in public.

On a different story. The Girly Director finally tendered her resignation. I guess if I were in her shoes, I would have done the same. This is a fight not worth fighting. With the dog eat dog world, we must learn to pick our fight well.

When I saw the satisfied look on Wuss’ faces after her announcement, I wanted to punch his ugly face. To be honest, I was a little worried that Wuss would get the promotion, but when I think hard about it, no one in his right mind would make Wuss the Director. He doesn’t have what it takes.

I don’t know what Wuss’ problem is, but he is stepping on my toes now. He is always finding fault and the saddest thing is all those idiots are sucking up to him. If he is upset that I am not taking his side, he should take comfort in the fact that I am in not in Girly Director’s side either. I am in neutral zone. Yes, I am sad to see that she is leaving under these circumstances but I believe she will achieve so much more outside this organization. And no, I don’t think the whole department would collapse without her.

I wish this craziness will end soon. I don’t know how much more I can take it. I am careful with everything I do but sometimes, I may overlook certain things and with these people, the smallest thing will be exaggerated. If only they put that much of effort in their work.

The planning/preparation for the surprise party for my parents are going rather well. What was supposed to be a small affair became something bigger and different from the other family gathering we had before. I just hope everything goes according to plan. PLEASE DON’T LET IT RAIN THAT NIGHT TOO.

*sigh* I haven’t seen That Guy for a while. When I saw him this afternoon, I could feel the butterflies are doing their double somersaults again. When Ms Slow told me That Guy always talked to her, I admit I was a little jealous. A little.

I want my happy ending but I cannot fool myself can’t I?
The last thing I need now is heartache. Not good.

I thought I was desperate but my colleague announced she needs a man and two kids. Heh? Suddenly I didn’t think I am such a sad case anymore.

No comments: