Monday, November 26, 2012

Midlife Crisis


They laughed and called me silly.
Here I am, really worried about my “situation” and they think I am being dramatic.
Can’t a 34 year old woman experience a mid-life crisis?


According to the good ol’ Wpedia,
Midlife crisis is a term coined in 1965 by Elliot Jaques stating a time where adults come to realize their own mortality and how much time is left in their life. A midlife crisis is experienced by many people during the midlife transition when they realize that life may be more than halfway over. Sometimes, a crisis can be triggered by transitions experienced in these years, such as andropause or menopause, the death of parents or other causes of grief, unemployment or underemployment, realixing that a job or career is hated but not knowing how else to earn an equivalent living, or children leaving home. People may reassess their achievements in terms of their dreams. The result may be a desire to make significant changes in core aspects of day-to-day life or situation, such as in career, work-life balance, marriage, romantic relationships, large expenditures, or physical appearance.


And since I am some-what an “old soul”, it is only natural for my “midlife crisis” episodes to come early no?

No matter how I prepped talk myself, it is difficult for me to just bounce back to my annoying self.  I keep telling myself my infamous lines “Do what makes you happy” or “Forget and move on”, well, it is easier said than done. *rolls eyes* A role model I am not.

My dad is right. I am a very stubborn person.

So right now, I am searching for the solution to world peace, because that would be an easier task. As well as Christmas tips, etc. Inspired by the word “Quirky” which most of the contestants in some top model do not understand *boo*, I am still determined to make this year’s Christmas the best ever. 

No comments: