Wednesday, October 26, 2011

happy place


Some people just have a beautiful way of looking at the world.
And I am definitely not one of them.
This looking at the world with my head tilted to the left is not working so great for me anymore.
*dumdumdum*

“Universe, are you done messing with me? I’d like to have a normal life. Like everyone else.”
But wait, what is normal again?

The world has become a little scary and a sad the past few weeks. News of abandoned babies, kids raping kids, a little girl got run over and no one cared... everything was a little too much for me to digest. And it is everywhere. On print news, TV, online portals, television, twitter and heck, it is even on my FB wall. And every time I log in, I have to do my own version of censorship.

I know you want to share the news as a lesson/reminder to others, but I like my wall to be a happy place, thank you very much.

I also have enough headaches with my own reality.
Unfortunately there are people who feed off my unhappiness, and no matter what I do, I will never win. So, I am becoming Oscar the Grouch, and I hate it.

But, despite all that, I am still thankful for everything and everyone.
Like Ekiel forgetting his school bag.
Or went to school without any socks on.
Because I know I am blessed compared to others.

All is well. 

No comments: