Sunday, April 17, 2011

Yesterday Once More

I love The Carpenters.
I grew up listening and singing to their songs.
So when the Palliative Care Association announced that The Carpenters will be performing in this year’s show, I was, excited.


Nice kan the lighting

Of course they are the tribute show who called themselves ‘The Carpenters From Kempsey’. Written by Darren Mapes and Linda Nagle, The Carpenters From Kempsey takes you on a hilarious journey whilst reliving all the wonderful music of The Carpenters including Close To You, Top Of The World and There’s A Kind Of Hush. So it says in their profile.

However, that hilarious journey wasn’t that all funny.

There were few amusing bits, but the part with the “imaginary” children choir and when the lady hiked up her skirt and does that weird little dancing, OMG, that was dreadful. Maybe it was just me who did not get the “foreign” humor.

BUT they did sing The Carpenters’ hits beautifully.

Like the lyrics in Yesterday Once More,

When I was young
I’d listened to the radio
Waitin’ for my favorite songs
Waiting they played I’d sing along
It made me smile

Those were such happy times
And not so long ago
How I wondered where they’d gone
But they’re back again
Just like a long lost friend
All the songs I loved so well

Those were the days when I faithfully listen to the radio every night hoping someone somewhere would ‘dedicated” me a song. *sighs*

What happened to that hopeless romantic young girl?
She grew up.

Anyway, the PCA collected RM77K through the painting auction.
I love the stained glass elephant by Mimie which were sold for RM7K!


Among the paintings that were auctioned that night. This collected RM20K

* Photos by Sutera Harbour Resort

I didn't managed to get a good video of the performance for I was seated WAY at the back, but I managed to get this when The Carpenters From Kempsey performed at the PCA House the day before.

No comments: