Thursday, December 27, 2007

won't you take me to Funkytown

I swear someone changed my office chair because the chair feels like a stranger. A very noisy and unstable stranger. Maybe I am just being paranoid and didn’t notice my chair aging.

So last night we went ahead to watch Alvin and Chipmunks and thankfully it wasn’t a waste of money. It wasn’t THAT great but I like all the singing and shaking their ass bit.

*Won't you take me to Funkytown. Won't you take me to Funkytown. Won't you take me to Funkytown. Won't you take me to Funkytown**shakes ass shamelessly in my mind*

My son enjoyed the movie too. At one point, he put both his hands behind his head while leaning against me with my brother feeding him popcorn and me holding his drink. He surely knows how to enjoy life.

Four days before the year ends. At this moment I am not sure if I should be doing my happy dance or start crying because of my little achievements for the year. Wait, when I think about it, it is not that bad really if you minus all the headaches and heartaches.

I did get that promotion that was promised to me BUT it is not a confirmed thing (still on probation) yet and here, anything can happen so I need it to be on paper before I go celebrating it. I was also selected for the Diploma program but I didn’t realize the pressure for me to excel because I have to prove myself to some people that I am capable without having to kiss anybody’s arse until it was too late.

I went for three separate holidays; to Kl for a friend’s wedding, to Club Med Cherating for a ya-ya sisterhood experience with my sisters and to KL for my first family vacation. I wish it was overseas trips but I did enjoy myself so it doesn’t really matter.

So really it’s not that bad, right? It’s just difficult to think when someone is WAY louder than my thoughts.

What are my hopes for next year?To survive it gracefully.
Seriously?I think I need to think hard about this before I put it in writing for the whole world to see.

No comments: