Saturday, April 05, 2008

2 cuts and bruises

Have you gone through days feeling something is going to happen and yet you could never put your finger on it?

This is one of those moments. I couldn’t tell if it’s a good or bad thing. I am not saying I am a clairvoyance but my intuition (which runs in my family) is pretty strong.

Three weeks before I had the accident (I cannot remember the exact year. 2003? 2004?) I kept getting this image that I would be in an accident and injure both my legs. It was scary.

8 Sept, (I remember the date because it was my dad’s birthday) my friends and I went to Malacca for a friend’s wedding. My ride to Malacca was a little scary because my friend drove like a mad woman. So on the way back, I though I’d be safer to ride in another friend’s car. I guess when it’s meant to happen, it will happen no matter what.

By the way, have I written this entry before? Feels like it but I couldn’t find it.

Anyway, we were on our way to meet a friend and I asked my friend to use the Amcorp Mall route. Before the round about I saw a rider (motorcycle) waving his hand like a mad man. So I turn to my driver friend and asked her what the guy’s problem was when I saw a car, mid air heading our direction.

I remember seeing the tyres of the car and thinking, this must be it. I also remember seeing the other car’s roof (let’s call it Idiotic Young Girl Driver) hitting my friend’s car hood and the impact shattered the windshield. The Idiotic Young Girl Driver’s car then landed on the ground. There was this eerie silence as I saw the Idiotic Young Girl Driver’s car head between the steering wheel and the dashboard. I thought she was a goner when suddenly she started screaming. My friends and I (there were four of us in the car and I was in the passenger seat in front) made sure we were okay. I remember seeing lots of blood and the first thing I did was to check my face on the mirror. I know, it’s very vain and stupid of me right? But trust me when I said that is just one of the idiotic things I did that evening.

There were people who helped the Idiotic Young Girl Driver. For some reason the four of us just sat in the car. Not sure what to do. My friend, the driver and I were bleeding from the windshield glass. Some guys came and told us to come out from the car. I remembered a lady offered to send us to the hospital but I told her to send the other Idiotic Young Girl Driver first since our friends (one of my friend called them immediately after the accident) were coming to get us.

So we sat beside the drain in front of a house. I remember a guy; a good looking guy gave us few bottles of mineral water. So gatal oh kan? I was laughing and crying all at the same time. I was still bleeding and I felt numb on both legs. When I lifted up my baju kurung skirt I saw two huge bruises, one on each leg. Anyway, while waiting for our friend, I saw the bunga telur we got from the wedding on the road. I have no idea how it got there. So I told my friend Retired Party Princess to pick them up because I want them. She hesitated and I insisted so she did because she is a good friend and I still keep it for some reasons.

I had to wait forever before my ex-boss (we were supposed to help out for an event which was nearby) used his “charm” to get doctor to check on me. Before that, a nurse attended to me. I was still a little disorientated and the whole situation felt awkward so I tried to make small talk. I asked the nurse the condition of the Idiotic Young Girl Driver. I was scolded for being concerned. She is after all, the reason I am laying on the hospital bed with bleeding hands and bruised legs. O-kay.

My cut didn’t need stitches and my legs were fine (did an X-ray just in case). I paid rm250 for the treatment which I couldn’t claim from the Driver of the Idiotic Car. *sticks tongue out*

After a few days, I finally connected all the dots together. I realized that I no longer have those images and though in that image my leg injury was much more severe, the bruises on both legs were exactly the spot. Some of you may think it has no connection what so ever and I am like Phoebe from Friends because I believe I am making sense when the rest of the world disagrees, but I believe in my intuition, which by the way has helped me in so many circumstances.

In that incident, I also learned to appreciate (yes, you may start yawning here) life a bit more. Not many people were given a second chance.

The Idiotic Young Girl Driver too had a second a chance because she only suffered dislocated shoulder and jaw. I found out she went out controlled when driving at the roundabout because she was speeding. Apparently she had a fight with her boyfriend, who by the way arrived at the scene just few minutes later.

Now some of you will understand why I am terrified of driving and I get really nervous with the way some drivers drive their car. I am not embarrassed to say I am still traumatized to this day.

So people, have a heart. Be safe. Do think about other people. If you have a misunderstanding with your other half, don’t drive. Walk. Run if you must.

Don’t let me start about drink and drive. *raises one eyebrow*

No comments: