Friday, November 14, 2008

ekiel the cartoon

Me: Yes, baby?

EK: I’m not baby. I am three years old.


To him being three is a lifetime.

Wait until he turns thirty. *rolls eyes*


That boy can be very funny too. I was playing cards last night and I gave him the four jokers (with pictures of clowns) which he declared as his “friends”. I was concentrating on my game when I heard him said:


EK: Give me the power, card... [which he continued in gibberish mumbo jumbo nonsense]


No, he didn’t learn that from me.


The weirdest thing he did was when we accidentally knocked our heads together. I thought he would give me the evil look but instead, he rolled his eyeballs for a while and fakes a faint. I just stared at him, amused and bemused.


Then it hit me. Just like in the cartoons. He was imitating what Tom & Jerry did!


I am not sure if I should applaud his imagination or nag him about watching too much TV. Before I could decide, he said:

EK: Mommy, u have number 29? Mine not enough

Me: I’m sorry. I don’t have 29

EK: *sighs*


In my attempt to make him sleep, I switched off the lights and pretended to dozed off.

He would toss and turn. Toss and turn.

Then he kept still. Thinking he was asleep, I peeked to check but he was wide awake in deep thoughts.


What does a three year old “deep thought-ing” about?

I wish I could read what goes on in his head.

No comments: