Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Isaiah


People commented that Ekiel’s name is too biblical.
I know it is, but I wanted a ‘wise’ name in hopes that he’ll grow up to be a man full of wisdom.
I also love the meaning behind the name.
Ezekiel means ‘Strength’ while Isaiah means ‘Salvation’.

Since both are the names of the prophets, it is common to hear the names during mass and without fail the family would turn to look at Ekiel. I don’t know why. We just do.

We tell Ekiel that the priest is not happy with him because he is not paying attention to the service.

Last Saturday, the first reading was from Prophet Isaiah and true enough, everyone, the family, turned to look at him. He looked at me helplessly. After a while, he came to me and whispered in my ear “Mommy, he said Isaiah, not Ezekiel Isaiah so he is talking about someone else!”

No comments: