Tuesday, May 23, 2006

give me the patience....

It’s raining outside.
If only I didn’t have to work tomorrow.
*sigh*

Is it just me or is someone out there is trying to test my sanity and patience?
After two weeks of work, I FINALLY went to do the medical check-up thingy and open a bank account with Maybank.

Since I don’t drive and my dad doesn’t do chauffeuring, last Sunday I had to take the bus to Api-Api Centre where the clinic is. It was the hottest day of the week, and I dragged myself all the way to the clinic only to be told by a R-U-D-E nurse the doctor is not in for the day. 24 hour clinic with no doctor – great! I asked her what happens when there is an emergency. She told me to come back the next day. I dragged myself back home.

How can I not get so irritated?

This morning (Monday), I went to the clinic and (Had to plead with my dad to drive me around) it only took me 15 minutes to get it all done. *rolls eyes* Btw, the toilet was a shame. Gross. *Yuck!* It’s a clinic for goodness sake. Someone didn’t bother to aim. WTF? *Sheesh*

Since we were super duper early, we waited for 45 minutes for the bank to open.

While waiting, my dad was walking around the entrance hall like he was the big boss or something. He went to inspect all the posters, notices and what not. He went and busybody at the ATM machines place. He even chit-chat with the security guards, asking them how was work and all. Hee. All those years he was just my boring and old-fashioned dad. Today, I saw a different side of him and I know I will remember and appreciate that moment forever.

Finally the bank opens. Went to the counter and some rude and idiotic woman told me I need to make an appointment to open an account with them. WTF? Since when? I told her my office didn’t tell me about this. She ignored me. SHE DIDN’T EVEN BOTHER TO HELP ME MAKE AN APPOINTMENT. Stoopid bi***! Luckily there was another young lady at the counter who helped me set the appointment.

I don’t understand why you need to make an appointment? Why are they limiting themselves to a number of customers who opens an account in one day? They’re making too much money already is it? Dang.

Anyway, I just want to point out that there is something seriously not right with our service industry. The way they handled their customers (me!) are just plain rude and not helpful. THEY DIDN’T EVEN BOTHER TO APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCES. So difficult ka to say:
“I am sorry but you need to make an appointment to open a bank account. Can I help you to make an appointment now? Thank you”
”I am sorry but the doctor won’t be in today. Can I help to set up an appointment for you tomorrow? Thank you”

I try so hard to please and be polite to my customers. But these people? And I wasn’t even trying to be anything but nice to them. When I am given that kind of treatment, of course I retaliate and become a bi*** myself. So am I being a difficult customer?

Maybe I wasn’t rich looking enough for them to kiss my arse? All these double standards is just stupid.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»