Friday, September 19, 2008

book tag

I got a tag from mykindastories about books and reading which are two of my biggest passion.

Do you remember how you developed a love for reading?
I guess being the eldest child yang kekurangan kasih sayang, I had to turn to something that helps me to entertain myself and my wild imagination. Besides, those days, toys were luxuries so my dad would drop my sister and I at the local library every week for moment of peace.

What are some books you read as a child?
Everything Enid Blyton, Sweet Valley Twins, Sweet Dreams, Impian, Mills & Boons, Hardy Boys, the Sang Kancil series and also a Malay series about a white mice whose name I cannot remember

What is your favourite genre?
Magical-related, historical romance, contemporary, fairytales

Where do you usually read?
I read everywhere and anywhere but big amount of reading are done on my bed

When do you usually read?
Usually before I go to bed, when I am bored or when I start reading and I can’t put the book down then you’ll be seeing me with a book 24/7

Do you usually have more than one book you are reading at a time?
Always one book at a time. I need to know the ending of the story so there is no where I could start reading a new book without knowing the ending of the current book I was reading

Do you read nonfiction in a different way or place than you read fiction?
Doesn’t matter to me

Do you buy most of the books you read, or borrow them, or check them out of the library?
Mostly borrow or I buy second hand book. I cannot afford to buy new books. I always welcome books as gifts *hint hint*

Do you keep most of the books you buy?
Of course. I kan cannot afford to buy a lot of books so the books I would buy are the ones I really really like and most time I have read them before

If you have children, what are some of the favorite books you have shared with them? Were they some of the same ones you read as a child?
I have started with some fairytales but he seems not to be interested. He now prefers his Spongebob, Noddy and nursery rhymes. I will attempt to entice him with Harry Potter next year

Do you keep a TBR (to be read) list?
A mental TBR list (which I forget most of the time)

What’s next?
A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle (again *hint hint*) if Oprah says it’s life-changing then I need one for myself

What books would you like to reread?
All Harry Potter series and a lot more which I cannot remember

Who are your favourite authors?
None in particular as each writer have their own strengths

Now, I’d like to tag everyone else. Hehehe…

1 comment:

vsk said...

A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle

I knowwww...watched it too last night!! in fact we all need it huh..