Monday, August 11, 2008

back to reality

Going back to the office after a long break has always been a drag for me but this time the “I don’t want to go back to the office” struggle is 10x the usual size and I am fighting very hard to stay awake and finish off my work.


I sometimes don’t understand why some people are willing to torture themselves going shopping. All the walking and the shoving (shoppers are dangerous species especially during SALEs period) can be torturous if not hazardous. I dragged my sorry arse and my poor son around KL the past five days and though I am happy with my purchases, I wish I found my perfect working shoe and perfect black pants. I did actually but it was WAY my budget. *sighs* Yes, shopping can be fun (while you’re at it and you have like tonnes of money) but the post-shopping is painful.


My plan to rejuvenate myself physically and mentally plus replenishing my patience supply went down the drain.


I shall spare you the shopping detail because it involves a lot of walking and putting on shoes/blouses that doesn’t fit. But seriously, why is it so damn difficult to find a nice sized 9 – 10 working shoes? It seems that my feet “grew” bigger. I swear this is the truth. I used to wear size 8 – 9 and already I was having a hard time looking for shoes. Did they make the shoes smaller? Or did my feet really gained weight?


By the way, is it just me or did the Now Everyone Can Fly airlines increased their checked-in luggage from RM5 to RM10 without notice? When I checked in the other day, I was surprised when E***** (counter 3*) told me I have to pay RM10 for each luggage. I looked at her questioningly and asked her when was this new price was implemented. She casually said last week. I asked her again if it was announced in the newspaper or any where because I never heard of this new pricing. She didn’t even have the courtesy to look me in the face and she just shrugged her shoulders. Boleh?


If I weren’t sane or sensible I would have jumped over the counter and slap her silly.


I’m not pissed off about the money. It is that woman. She didn’t even bother to apologize for the inconvenience. I know it is not her fault but isn’t it the rule of thumb of customer service to be empathic and professional? She is one of the many bad customer services I’ve experienced with that airline. I guess with the lower air fare they can only hire this sort of people.


When you pay peanuts, you’ll get monkeys.

How true.

No comments: