Friday, August 22, 2008

instant entry

21.0808
My mom’s favourite hypermarket was burnt down yesterday and her first reaction was “Where am I going to do my grocery shopping now?”

*sighs*
And that people is a sure sign that this is going to be a whining entry.
If you do not want me to ruin your happy, almost perfect day, I suggest you come back tomorrow where I promise a more fun and happier blog because I believe everything must have a balance, therefore I MUST counter this frustrating-venting writing.

In my almost 10 years of working experience, I have never felt this low about my work before. Not even when my ex boss threaten to hit me with something (there were only papers and his laptop on his table) or screamed “Don’t you dare walk out when I am still talking” for something I didn’t do. Or even when I had to kiss some arses at wee hour in the morning because he was an important client. Or even that time when RM200 was missing from my POS system when I was a cashier. Or when I had to carry RM5K in cash, walked across town, pay the invoice and walked back in the rain.

It didn’t affected me that bad because I was very secure about my work for I was good at it and my boss acknowledged this fact. My boss trusted me to do what I need to do.

Here, it’s a totally different game. Everyone thinks I am an idiot and inexperienced. *rolls eyes* It’s difficult to shine when you have people who is taking credit for all the work and uses “Tai Chi” to redirect the their problems resulted from their own wrongdoings to someone else.

Maybe I should learn it from my dad as he practises the real “Tai Chi” every morning with the rest of the *ahem* “matured’ citizens in a nearby park.

But why should I be one of them?

---
22.08.08
Though the day has not been that great, I will write a positive and inspiring entry today (even if I have to pull my hair to think of one).

So… inspiring eh?

This is a hard one.

Hmmm… you know, during insane periods like this, I am always reminded that I am blessed in many ways. Those reminders are my patience top-ups, which without I would be running around town flailing around an axe in one hand and a chainsaw in another.

Natalie du Toit, the 24-year old South African swimmer, competes in the Beijing Olympics. To be able to compete in the Olympics is a dream come true for all athletes. It takes dedication, determination and a lot of hard work to be a part of the world’s most prestigious game. That reason alone earns my utmost respect for I am not ashamed to admit, I am very much lacking of those qualities.

To Natalie, her endeavour is bigger as she lost half of her left leg in an accident seven years ago.

Though she only finished in 16th placing, I think she have won even a bigger prize.

I should not let my spirit dampen over the idiotic things that is happening. Those events are beyond my control. I cannot be responsible for their actions and therefore I should not allow the consequences of their actions to affect me.

I should be able to handle this more maturely. I am after all the sensible one no? I still haven’t figure out the solutions to some of the “headaches” but one thing I am very clear. I will not give up without a fight.

To Natalie, though the chances of cows flying is higher than you reading this entry, thank you and congratulations.

Me: *nag nag nag*
Ezekiel: Mommy, you’re so noisy.

Yes, I bullshit a little too much sometimes.

No comments: